Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

 So keeping with the St. Patrick's Day theme I decided to post some goodies I made for the holiday! I made rainbow cupcakes for Ava's class.  They were really fun and I loved the way the turned out but they are very time consuming!  I also made some cake balls to give to a few people.  I got the idea from Bakerella. I love the white and kelly green color combination.  My favorite part is something that you can't see in the pictures.  The cake on the inside is "green velvet", it is red velvet cake but instead of using red food coloring, I used green.  The cake is very yummy!

I also tried royal icing for the first time this morning.  I baked shamrock shaped cookies and had everything all perfect.  When it came time to ice the cookies it didn't turn out quite like I had hoped.  They weren't that bad but definitely were not blog worthy!  Hope everyone enjoys St. Patrick's Day!  




No comments:

Post a Comment